It’s Broccoli is one of the more inexpensive vegetables that you can buy fresh at the grocery store. Plus don’t forget to buy local at Farmer’s Markets and road side stands! That’s where the deals are! Here is an amazing recipe for grilling broccoli that can also be used while camping as well:
Grilled Broccoli Foil Packet
- 1-2 heads of fresh broccoli (depending on the size)
- olive oil
- grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- First you want to prepare your broccoli. Cut off the thick large stem at the bottom and cut the broccoli into little florets (so they look like baby trees).
- Pile your broccoli into the center of a large piece of foil (so you can wrap it twice).
- Drizzle the olive oil evenly over the broccoli.
- Sprinkle on the cheese and the salt and pepper.
- Tightly foil wrap each wedge so that none of the juices can run out during cooking.
- Preheat your propane grill to the lowest heat possible.
- Place the foil wrapped packages on the grill and cook for about 10-15 minutes on each side.
- You will know they are done when you press the back of a pair of tongs onto one of the wrapped packages and there is a little “give.” Then you know the broccoli has softened.
The flavor with the cheese is really delicious! You get a “cheater” tasting dish that is a lot healthier than traditional broccoli with cheese sauce.
- The broccoli can prepared an hour or two before cooking time.
- Grill the broccoli before whatever meat or main dish you are grilling because the foil keeps the broccoli hot for a long time before serving.
Here are several other recipes you might want to try that require broccoli:
- Oven Roasted Broccoli
- Lowfat Broccoli Cornbread
- Buffalo Chicken and Broccoli Quinoa Salad
- Broccoli Salad
- Broccoli and Grape Salad
- Strawberry Broccoli Salad
- Chicken and Broccoli – From a Chinese Kitchen
- Salmon, Broccoli and Vermicelli
- Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
- Pasta and Broccoli
- Veggie Chowder
- Potato and Broccoli Chowder
- Cream of Broccoli Soup
- Crockpot Cream Cheese Chicken and Broccoli
- Ham and Broccoli Crockpot Casserole
- Broccoli and Cheese Casserole
- Busy Moms Chicken and Rice Casserole with Broccoli
- Chicken and Broccoil Divan
How do you prepare broccoli? Share your ideas HERE.