Cabbage is a superfood with lots of valuable vitamins and nutrients. It’s also very low calorie and helps reduce the risk of cancer. It’s also a frugal-food, especially this time of year during Farmer’s Market season.
Grilled cabbage is really easy and tastes fantastic! Check out this clean-eating recipe:
Grilled Cabbage Wedges
8 servings, about 40 minutes to prepare (including cooking time)
- 2 Tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- head of cabbage
- First you want to prepare your cabbage. Take of all of the outside layers of leaves and rinse and dry the cabbage really well. Cut off the thick large stem at the bottom.
- Then wedge the cabbage. First cut it in half, then quarters, then eighths.
- Cut 8 pieces of foil about 6 to 8 inches each and place each cabbage wedge onto it’s own piece of foil.
- Grab a small bowl and wisk together the Worchstershire, lemon juice, and olive oil.
- Drizzle the mixture evenly over each cabbage wedge letting the dressing soak into the nooks and crannies.
- Tightly foil wrap each wedge so that none of the juices can run out during cooking.
- Preheat your propane grill to the lowest heat possible.
- Place the foil wrapped wedges on the grill and cook for about 10-15 minutes on each side.
- You will know they are done when you press the back of a pair of tongs onto one of the wrapped packages and there is a little “give.” Then you know the cabbage has softened.
The flavor is understated, yet really delicious. The outer layers of the cabbage wedge will be soft and in the inside will have a little bit of a crisp texture.
- The cabbage can prepared an hour or two before cooking time.
- Grill the cabbage before whatever meat or main dish you are grilling because the foil keeps the cabbage hot for a long time before serving.
Here are several other tried and true recipes that require cabbage:
- Chinese Cabbage Ramen Noodle Salad
- KFC Coleslaw Copycat Recipe
- Crunchy Cabbage Salad
- Cabbage Rolls
- Mexican Chicken with Cilantro-Lime Rice (Clean Eating)
- Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls (Clean Eating)
- Cabbage Roll Soup
- Corned Beef and Cabbage Jiggs
- Sausage, Apple, and Cabbage Skillet Dinner
- Sausage Cabbage Stir Fry
- Oriental Pork N Cabbage
- Polish Noodles and Cabbage
- Cheesy Bacon Cabbage
What do you do with cabbage? Share your ideas and recipes HERE.