Five Frugal Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas
As a frugal mom that has been married for over 20 years, I’ve figured out how some tips and tricks on how to celebrate Valentine’s Day on a budget. Some of my favorite gift ideas don’t require much money, just a little bit of thought and planning.
Valentine’s Day Gift Idea #1: Underwear Upgrade
Valentine’s Day is a great excuse to upgrade your lingerie, ladies. I know from reading what frugal moms have said on our forums for over 13 years now – some of your undies are in need of an upgrade. Some of you are NOT into replacing it when its old, simply because others don’t see it. But let me tell you – It not only will make your MAN happy, it will make you feel more confident and sexy. I’d say that’s money well-spent. Especially on Valentine’s Day.
- Victoria’s Secret – $15 off $100+, $30 off $150+, $75 off $250+ Sitewide. Expries on 2/13/14. Click here for coupon code
- Frederick’s of Hollywood – $30 off your purchase of $100 or more. Expires on 2/28/14. Click here for coupon code
Valentine’s Day Gift Idea #2: Dinner Out
Dinner with your spouse is a great way to bond. Can’t afford a babysitter? DON’T bring the kids. Instead, ask a friend to watch them. You can do the same for her another night. (More ways to save on babysitting)
- Restaurant.com – Two Days Only! Get $25 Gift Certificates for Only $4. Expires 2/11/14. Click here for coupon code
Valentine’s Day Gift Idea #3: Dinner In
Let’s face it: On Valentine’s Day the restaurants can be crowded and sometimes the meals are more expensive than they’re worth. If you’ve got some mad cooking skills (like most frugal moms do) try cooking a dinner at home for your man with some splurge-worthy ingredients. Even with a special meal like steak or lobster you’re likely to spend less cooking at home than you would going out.
- Omaha Steaks – Shop great gifts for him including 6 different combos all under $50 + free standard shipping. Expires on 02/15/2014. Click here to get this deal
Valentine’s Day Gift Idea #4: Flowers
I made the mistake of telling my husband not to get me flowers one year. I said they were too expensive and they just ended up dying right away. That was a mistake! I now wish he’d bring them home at least once in a while. Flowering plants are a great option for those who want the flowers to last. Or, you can learn how to preserve fresh-cut flowers. Either way, enjoy them!!
- FTD – Save 20% Sitewide on Flowers, Plants, Gifts & Treats! Same Day Delivery Available. Limited time only. Click here for coupon code
- 1800Flowers – 20% off your entire purchase sitewide including Valentine’s Day gifts & flowers. Expires on 2/12/2014. Click here for coupon code
Valentine’s Day Gift Idea #5: Something Personal
You know your spouse better than anyone else, so the best gifts are often the ones that are one-of-a-kind. Make him something personal. DIY gifts are great, but even if you’re not crafty you can use online sites to help design something just for him. Many items are available to order online and pick up in-store (perfect for last-minute shoppers).
- Things Remembered – Save up to 40% off Engraved Gifts. Plus, stack with coupon code for an Extra 15% off your entire purchase! Also get free shipping on all orders of $100 or more. Limited time only. Click here for coupon code
Enter to Win
Get Plucky! Enter the RetailMeNot Loves Me, Loves Me Not Sweepstakes and Pluck the petals from your daily flower to find out if you’ve won 1 of 5,000 $20 Gift Cards or a grand prize worth $5,000! Sweepstakes runs from 2/8/14 – 3/8/14. Check it out here!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by RetailMeNot but all opinions are my own