This Steak and Pepper Tacos recipe is a great low-fat meal to prepare if you are trying to eat healthier. The beef used is a lean cut of meat, good source of protein and is also tender.
Steak and Pepper Tacos
- 1-1.5 lb. thin cut beef (use stir fry or flank)
- 1/2 med. white onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 whole red, orange and yellow bell peppers, sliced
- 3-4 tbsp. olive oil, total
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black peppers
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 package whole-grain tortillas
- Optional: Toppings such as clean-eating salsa or low-fat sour cream or Greek yogurt
Take the strips of beef and cut them thinner if needed. Lay the pieces of meat on a plate and season with sea salt, black pepper and garlic powder before adding to the skillet. Add them to the garlic mixture in the skillet and cook the meat until it is no longer pink and browned.
More Healthy Eating and Frugal Mexican Meals Recipes.
Be sure to follow our Healthy Recipes board on Pinterest.