My clean eating 21 Day Fix plan includes 7 cups of fruit and vegetables every day. That’s a lot! Eating plain raw and and steamed veggies are going to get old really fast. Fruit can also easily turn into a healthy dessert if prepared the right way. Here are some delicious ways to get your fruits and veggies.
- Cucumbers w/ chili powder and lime juice: Slice up some cucumbers, squeeze some lime juice over the slices and sprinkle them with chili powder.
- Celery and peanut butter: Natural peanut butter is a healthy fat and you need those in your body. I know it’s an preschool standard, I LOVE peanut butter and celery.
- Carrots and Greek yogurt ranch (OPI by Lighthouse): This ranch dressing is so good that it tastes homemade! You can find it in the produce department. If you find a great sale, stock up! I also love it with cucumbers, red peppers, and any other dipping vegetable.
- Tomatoes w/ sea salt and basil: Chop up some tomatoes into bite size pieces, sprinkle on some sea salt and fresh basil leaves.
- Baked peaches: Slice up some peaches and place them in a small baking pan. Sprinkle on some honey, cinnamon, and nutmeg (just a pinch). Bake in the oven until bubbly. Yum! *You can do this with apples too.
- Hummus: It’s easy to make and delicious will all sorts of vegetables like red peppers, carrots, celery, and cucumbers.
- Homemade mango salsa: This recipe is so sweet and delicious! It can be eaten with chips or served over grilled meat or in tacos.
- Watermelon and lime juice: This sounds a little weird but it’s amazing! Cut up the watermelon into bite sized chunks. Drizzle some lime juice over it. The watermelon sweetens up the lime juice. The flavor combination is awesome!
If course you can also put fruit into oatmeal, yogurt, and cottage cheese.
What are some other ways to eat your favorite fruits and vegetables?
Follow my personal journey to losing weight and getting healthy HERE.