Milkshakes are a great way to cool off in the summer. Making them at home with a blender is way cheaper than spending $4-$5 a shake at a restaurant or ice cream stand. Our Mommysavers forum members have come up with 4 easy and unique milk shake flavors. Simply add the ingredients, blend, and enjoy!
Fuzzy Navel Milkshake
This is a great way to use those fresh summer peaches.
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 c. cut up peaches, peeled & pitted
- 1 c. cold orange juice
- 2 strawberries, as garnish (optional)
Caramel Latte Milkshake
This is so easy with only 3 ingredients.
- 1 c cold milk
- 1/3 c caramel sundae syrup
- 2 c coffee ice cream
Peanut Butter and Jelly Milkshake
A lunchtime standard now in a shake. The peanut butter and raspberry does sound amazing together.
- 1 Tbs peanut butter
- 2 Tbs jelly/jam (we like it best with homemade raspberry)
- 1/2 c milk
- 1 c vanilla ice cream
Caramel Apple Milkshake
This would be a great shake for early Fall.
- 3 cups frozen vanilla yogurt
- 3/4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup caramel topping
Tip: Do you pick your own apples? Try cutting up 2-3 Granny Smith or Gala apples into chunks and tossing them in the blender to make your own fresh applesauce. Blend until smooth and then add the other ingredients.
Plus here are more great ideas from our forum members.
- Here is a recipe for Homemade Banana Ice Cream as well as other Ice Cream Recipes.
- Who doesn't love fresh summer veggies? You will love these Fresh Garden/Farmer's Market Recipes.
- Plus you will love these Grilling Tips, Tricks, and Recipes.
Here are more great recipes for when the weather is warm:
- 14 Restaurant Style Lemonade Recipes
- 10 Easy Grilling Recipes
- 10+ Easy Summer Salads
- Grilled Broccoli Recipe
- Grilled Cabbage Recipe
- Grilled Corn Recipe
Join our Mommysavers Deals group on Facebook for the latest updates daily.