This week I started my third 21 Day Fix Challenge. It’s part of the Hitting It Hard 30 Day Challenge.
So far the long term habits I’ve acquired are:
- Hydration. It’s kind of automatic now. I easily down 64-80 oz liquid every day and before that seemed impossible.
- Work-outs. This has been an “off-week” but I usually workout 5- 6 days a week. 30 minutes is required for the program but I usually go an hour or more. I take 1-2 Zumba classes a week and those are an hour long. On other days I prefer to walk on the treadmill and do a slower and steadier workout which means it takes longer.
- Conscious eating. Whether it’s healthy or not, I’m more aware of what I’m eating. I don’t do it mindlessly, ever. If I’m going to eat those chips, I put them in a bowl so I know how much I’m eating. I make simple healthier alternatives that in reality make a huge difference in my fat, calorie, and sugar intake.
Since the beginning of Septembers I have felt a bit more energy. My chronic dry eye doesn’t seem to be as bad and my digestion is way better. I think hydration is a huge factor in that. I also feel good about exercising. It can be hard at times and the motivation isn’t always there. Sometimes I have a couple days where I lose track but I just get back on the horse and keep going. I’ve never done that before and I feel a sense of accomplishment. No I’m not losing weight super-fast, but I don’t want to. I’m not dieting, I’m making long-term changes.
What I hope to accomplish this round:
- I want to step up my work-outs. I want to do more jogging on the treadmill and use a steeper incline. I want to do more toning and burning more calories per workout. I’ve also started more ab exercises that I hope will make a visible difference in the next 3 weeks.
- Be more consistent in drinking Shakeology. I figured out something about myself. I’m not a “shake person.” I don’t crave shakes or smoothies of any kind. Previously, if I would order one, it would be in the middle of the summer and I would usually share with my husband and/or kids. I like a few sips and I’m done. I guess it’s just a personal preference. When I’m eating, I prefer to bite into something solid. Oh well! Shakeology is good for me and I just need to get in the habit of drinking it, just as I did with hydration.
Read more about my journey into clean eating HERE.
Before pic: Early November 2015