Acorn squash is a frugal and fall ingredient that is both healthy and delicious. The texture and taste is a bit like pumpkin. Split it open, cut it in half, clean out the seeds and “pumpkin-like goo” and it's ready to go. It can be prepared many difference ways as part of a side or main dish. Here are some great acorn squash recipes that are clean eating.
1. Roasted Acorn Squash: Sweet and flavorful it's a mixture between a side and a dessert. The leftovers make a fantastic snack for that sweet tooth.
3. Clean Eating Stuffed Acorn Squash: Nice sweet and savory side dish.
4. Chipotle Chicken & Quinoa Acorn Squash: Nice healthy and filling main dish.
6. Spicy Roasted Acorn Squash Wedges: Try this healthy Southwestern style side.
7. Paleo Egg-In-The-Hole: I gluten-free version of the traditional dish.
8. Acorn Squash Tacos: Taco taste with no carbs.
9. Acorn Squash Pasta Sauce: Serve over whole wheat pasta and you have a restaurant style clean eating meal.
10. Baked Acorn Squash with Greek Yogurt, Honey & Pecans: Acorn squash is not just for lunch and dinner. It can work for breakfast as well.
Find more of the latest clean eating recipes HERE.
Never miss a deal, tip, or recipe when you subscribe to our newsletter to the right of your screen —->