This is fantastically tasty and healthy dish. Spaghetti Squash has a texture similar to angel hair spaghetti (for which is was named) It's obviously not a carb but a great way to get more veggies. Eating it southwestern style gives it a little kick of flavor. Plus, my kids totally LOVED this recipe! It's definitely going to be a regular around our house!
clean eating Southwestern Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
4 adult servings
- 2 large spaghetti squash
- 2 lbs ground turkey, chicken, or lean beef
- 3 Tablespoons of 21 Day Fix Southwestern Seasoning
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 1 can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half and remove the seeds. Put the skin side down on a cookie sheet and bake them in the oven at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile brown the ground meat in a large skillet.
- Stir in the seasoning, tomato sauce, and fire roasted tomatoes.
- Scoop the meat mixture into the centers of the roasted squash.
- Top with cheese and bake for another 30 minutes.
- You will know it's done because the cheese will be melted and the squash will be easily punctured and shredded with a fork.
- Serve by scooping out the filling and the squash onto individual plates. The squash automatically will shred like spaghetti.
I consider stuffed squash kind of like a “one-pot meal” so I serve a larger portion but use it as the entire meal. Since there aren't any carbs, the extra protein should fill you up. This recipe make ALOT. You can serve it with a green veggie or salad if you want to but we were completely filled up and had leftovers.
*21 Day Fix containers (approx): 1/2 purple, 1- 2 green (depending on the size of the squash), 2 red, 1 blue.
This entire recipe cost around $12 to make.
Find the rest of my clean eating recipes HERE.
Never miss a deal, tip, or recipe when you subscribe to our newsletter to the right of your screen —->