As the weather gets cooler our body craves richer heavier foods. I love making the traditional turkey, mashed potatoes, and corn. It does not have to be reserved for thanksgiving. I like to make this meal several times a year for my family. Check out my cleaning eat version of this comfort food:
I found a great deal on turkey breast cutlets. Those bake really quickly in the oven so that's a good way to go. You could also bake a whole turkey breast. I just seasoned it up with the 21 Day Fix All-Purpose Seasoning.
- 4-5 russet potatoes
- 1/4 cup of plain greek yogurt
- splash of unsweetened almond milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel, chop, and boil the potatoes until they easily fall apart with a fork.
- Drain the potatoes and dump them back into the pot.
- Use the potato masher or hand mixer to mash the potatoes.
- Stir the yogurt, salt, and pepper.
- If the texture is still thick, add a splash of almond milk.
This is a great meal! Eventually I'll figure out who to make clean eating stuffing and gravy. Until then, enjoy!
Follow the rest of my clean eating journey HERE. Want all of my recipes? Check out the NEW site, Clean Eating Fix. You can even print them out! You can also Subscribe to the right of the screen to get deals and recipes right in your inbox. —–>