Who doesn’t LOVE glazed carrots? A vegetable that tastes like a dessert! Yes please! Here is a clean eating healthy recipe that tastes so good you won’t even miss the extra sugary stuff. Plus, baby carrots are only around $1 a bag at the grocery store making them one of the least expensive fresh vegetables you can buy.
Glazed Carrots for the Grill (Clean Eating)
- 1 lb bag of baby carrots
- olive oil
- orange zest
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pile your carrots into the center of a large piece of foil (so you can wrap it twice).
- Mix olive oil, honey, and orange zest in a bowl. The measurements are based on how much “glaze” you want. I start with about 2 Tablespoons of each olive oil and honey. Stir it together so it has a drizzle-like consistency. Then grate in the orange zest. Getting the right balance is based on taste. Add a pinch of salt if you would like (it brings out the sweetness).
- Drizzle the mixture onto the carrots. Use a couple spoons or your hands to mix the glaze into the carrots.
- Tightly foil wrap each wedge so that none of the juices can run out during cooking.
- Preheat your propane grill to the lowest heat possible.
- Place the foil wrapped packages on the grill and cook for about 15-20 minutes on each side.
- You will know they are done when you press the back of a pair of tongs onto one of the wrapped packages and there is a little “give.” Then you know the carrots have softened.
The sweet yet savory flavor is a really compliment to Bbq or Asian chicken recipes.
- The carrots can prepared an hour or two before cooking time.
- Grill the carrots before whatever meat or main dish you are grilling because the foil keeps the carrots hot for a long time before serving.
Here are more great recipes that require carrots:
- BBQ Chicken in the Crock Pot: Complete Meal in Six Hours
- Savory Pot Roast with Potatoes and Carrots
- German Beef Roast for the Crock Pot
- Crockpot Italian Beef Roast
- Christmas Wreath Appetizer: Veggie Pizza
- Hearty Beef Stew
- Chicken Wild Rice Soup
- Cabbage Roll Soup
- Copycat Recipe: Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli for the Crock Pot
- Chicken and Broccoli – From a Chinese Kitchen
Join our Mommysavers Deals group on Facebook for the latest updates daily.