Looking for budget-friendly, healthy meals that don't compromise on taste? Look no further! We've created an amazing ALDI menu plan entirely based on items on sale at ALDI this week. This carefully curated meal plan not only optimizes your budget but also focuses on nutritionally balanced, tasty meals. Whether you're a seasoned ALDI shopper or just exploring budget meal planning, this 7-day ALDI menu plan harnesses the power of sale items and frugal staples to bring you a week of breakfasts, lunches, and dinners that are simple to prepare and satisfying to eat. Let's dive into a week of delightful meals and substantial savings!
Please note the availability of specials may differ by region. This menu is based on the specials advertised at the ALDI store in Mankato, Minnesota.
Breakfast: oatmeal with blackberries and bananas
- Prepare your oatmeal according to the instructions on the package. Once ready, top it with some fresh blackberries and sliced bananas. You can sweeten your oatmeal with a little bit of sugar or honey if you have it.
Lunch: Mediterranean Chicken Salad
- Chop some of the green peppers, grape tomatoes, baby bella mushrooms, and spring mix salad greens. Add a cup of canned chickpeas. Grill a chicken breast until fully cooked and slice it. Add the chicken to the salad. Crumble some feta cheese on top and add a spoonful of tzatziki dip as dressing.
Dinner: Stir-fried Rice with Chicken and Vegetables
- Cook 1 cup of rice according to the instructions. Stir fried rice works best when cold, so make ahead of time if possible. Cut chicken thighs into small pieces and stir-fry them with some chopped zucchini, bella mushrooms and frozen peas. I like using sesame oil for my stir-fry dishes, but any oil will work. Once the veggies are cooked, add the cooked rice into the stir-fry and mix well. Add two eggs to the mix, and scramble. Season with soy sauce to taste.
Breakfast: Egg and Green Pepper scramble with toast
- Whisk a couple of eggs in a bowl. Add chopped green peppers to a pan and sauté until they are soft, then pour the eggs over them. Scramble until the eggs are fully cooked. Top with crumbled feta. Serve this with a slice or two of whole-grain toast.
Lunch: Quinoa Salad with Tomatoes and Feta
- Cook a cup of quinoa according to the instructions on the package. Let it cool. Chop some grape tomatoes and mix them with the quinoa. Crumble some feta cheese over the top and drizzle with olive oil and vinegar, salt and pepper if you have them.
Dinner: Three-Cheese Mushroom Zucchini Sirloin Pasta
- Follow the instructions for our Three-Cheese Mushroom Zucchini Pasta and adapt to your own taste.
Breakfast: Apple and Banana Oatmeal
- Prepare oatmeal as described on Day 1, topping it this time with chopped apples and bananas.
Lunch: Chicken and Corn Pasta Salad
- Cook pasta according to the package. While it's cooking, grill a chicken breast. Once the pasta is cooked and cooled, and the chicken is grilled and sliced, mix them together with defrosted frozen corn. Add some of the Ranch & Bacon pasta salad for extra flavor.
Dinner: Carolina Barbecue Spareribs with Rice and Steamed Veggies
- Make our Carolina Barbecue Spareribs recipe. You can use our Carolina Barbecue Spareribs Sauce or purchase Burman's barbecue sauce — on sale at ALDI this week. Steam some rice and serve with peas on the side.
Breakfast: Fruity Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- Cook a cup of quinoa as per package instructions. Top with sliced bananas and blackberries, and a sprinkle of sugar if needed.
Lunch: Pasta Salad with Feta Cheese and Grape Tomatoes
- Cook any shape of pasta you have on hand according to the package. Once cooked, toss with chopped grape tomatoes, crumbled feta cheese, and a spoonful of tzatziki dip.
Dinner: Baked Chicken Thighs with Bella Mushrooms
- Follow our recipe for Baked Chicken Thighs and Bella Mushrooms. Serve with a side of steamed rice.
Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs with Spinach and Toast
- Whisk a couple of eggs in a bowl. Sauté spinach until it's wilted, then pour the eggs over it. Scramble until the eggs are fully cooked. Serve this with a slice or two of whole-grain toast.
Lunch: Spring Mix Salad with Grilled Chicken and Apples
- On a plate, arrange spring mix salad greens, grilled chicken breast slices, and chopped apples. Top with a bit of tzatziki dip as a dressing.
Dinner: Steak Stir Fry with Green Peppers and Rice
- Stir-fry sliced beef top sirloin steak with sliced green peppers until cooked to your liking. Serve this over a bed of cooked rice. Season with soy sauce to taste.
Breakfast: Oatmeal with Blackberries and Bananas
- Repeat the oatmeal recipe from Day 1.
Lunch: Zucchini and Green Pepper Quiche
- Whisk together eggs, chopped zucchini and green peppers, and crumbled feta cheese. Pour into a pie dish and bake until set. Serve with a side of spring mix salad greens.
Dinner: BBQ Spareribs with Corn and Peas
- Season and roast the spareribs as on Day 3 (or eat leftovers). Heat up the frozen corn and peas in a pan as a side.
Breakfast: Toast with Scrambled Eggs and Green Peppers
- Repeat the breakfast recipe from Day 2.
Lunch: Greek Style Chicken Wrap
- Lay out a whole-grain tortilla. Fill with spring mix salad greens, sliced grilled chicken breast, chopped tomatoes, feta cheese, and a spoonful of tzatziki dip. Wrap and enjoy!
Dinner: Mushroom and Tomato Pasta with Grilled Chicken
- Grill a chicken breast, then slice it. Cook pasta and toss it with sautéed baby bella mushrooms and grape tomatoes. Top the pasta with the sliced chicken.
Remember, these are just suggestions. Feel free to adjust them to suit your personal tastes and dietary requirements!