We love a good hot breakfast in our family. There are a couple problems. First of all, making multiple breakfast items means multiple pots on the stove so you get a big mess. On top of that, it can be a little time consuming simply because you have to stand over the stove.
I figured out of way to get rid of both of the problems by making both my bacon and french toast in the oven at the same time and it’s really easy!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. You will need two racks. Make sure they are both in the middle of the oven.
- Cover 2 cookie sheets with foil. For the bacon, use a cookie sheet with sides on it (jelly roll pan).
- Lay the bacon across the cookie sheet. It can be really close together but not touching. You should be able to get 10 piece or so on a sheet at one time. Move that sheet to the side.
- Spray the other cookie sheet with cooking spray to prepare it for the french toast.
- Prepare your french toast how you normally do. I wisk milk, eggs and cinnamon together. I also like to use Texas Toast which is really thick white bread. Dip the bread into your egg mixture and place each piece on the cookie sheet. I was able to get 6 slices on a sheet.
- Place both cookie sheets in the oven at the same time. The french toast goes on the top rack and the bacon goes on the bottom rack.
- After 10 minutes, remove both from the oven and flip your french toast and bacon over.
- Bake for at least 10 more minutes. *Cooking times will vary based on the thickness of the bread and bacon as well as personal preference.
- Then you simply remove from the oven and serve.
I honestly can’t really tell the difference whether the bacon and french toast was made in the oven or on a skillet. The french toast is firm on the outside and fluffy in the inside and the bacon is perfectly crisp. Plus you can throw away the foil so there are no messy dishes.
Tip: These also keep really well in the refrigerator or freezer so you can make a bunch and eat it for a week or two.
Want more quick and easy breakfast ideas? Check these out:
Leave a Reply