I grew up on canned baked beans at picnics and BBQs but with this recipe, there is no reason to serve canned baked beans again. This recipe is so easy. You simply dump everything into the crock pot and cook. This recipe also freezes really well before and after cooking. This is a great summer potluck recipe but it’s also a nice comfort food in the cooler seasons.
Hearty Crock Pot Baked Beans
- 1 can of white northern beans
- 1 can of pinto beans
- 1 can of black beans
- 1/4 cup of ketchup
- 1 teaspoon of brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of molasses
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon of dried onions
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 4 slices of cooked and crumbed bacon (optional)
*Note, you can use any canned beans you would like. This is my personal favorite combination. Dried beans will also work well if set in water the night before. Don’t put dried beans directly into the crock pot for this recipe!
- Open the cans of beans and drain them into a colander in the sink. Run some water over the beans to rinse them. Then dump them into the crock pot.
- Add of the other ingredients, stirring as you go. (Note: Feel free to add a little more or less of any of the condiments. It’s all according to taste.)
- Cook on low heat for at least 4 hrs. If you have time to let it cook for 8 hrs, it’s better.
- Serve right away if needed. However this recipe does taste better the next day when reheated.
Here are other really great crock pot recipes:
- 50+ Crock Pot Freezer Meals
- 50+ Easy Chicken Crock Pot Recipes
- Crock Pot Recipes: 10 Tempting Desserts
You also may want to follow these Pinterest boards:
- Mommysavers: Crock Pot Cooking
- Mommysavers: Freezer Cooking
- Mommysavers: Frugal Recipes
- Mommysavers: 5 Ingredients or Less Recipes
- Mommysavers: Copycat Recipes
Join our Mommysavers Deals group on Facebook for the latest updates daily.