- No white or brown sugar
- No refined flour or flour products (breads, pastas, processed cereals, crackers, etc.)
- Whole grains are permissible (brown rice, quinoa, barley, etc.)
- No artificial sugars* (including diet sodas and chewing gum)
- Small amounts of natural sweeteners (honey, agave, stevia) are permitted
- Natural sugars that are found in fruit (fructose) and dairy products (lactose) are permitted
- shakeology is permitted
Artificial sweeteners are out: ACESULFAME, POTASSIUM, ASPARTAME, ERYTHRITOL, GLYCEROL, GLYCYRRHIZIN, HYDROGENATED STARCH HYDROLYSATE (HSH), ISOMALT,, LACTITOL, MALTITOL, MANNITOL, NEOTAME, POLYDEXTROSE, SACCHARIN, SORBITOL
The first 3 days of the challenge is a cleanse. There are 2 options.
- The first option is a 3-Day-Refresh that you can order from Beachbody. I however wasn't really planning ahead very well so I will be doing the second option.
- The Shakeology 3-Day Cleanse involves: 3 Shakeology drinks per day as well as 800-1100 calories of fresh fruit, vegetables, and lean proteins. See the graphic below to see what I'm getting myself into:
I'll let you know how all of this goes when I finish it on Wednesday. The entire detox ends Friday and should help set myself up for the the “Hitting it Hard” 30 Day health Challenge. I'll post more about that this weekend.