This week is Maggie’s fourth birthday, so we took a break from our colors themes and I put together a special Birthday muffin tin meal for her lunch. She thought it was pretty special at least! To go along with her birthday sprinkles, we made a muffin tin meal using something from each color of the rainbow. Starting at the bottom right of the muffin tin:
- Red: strawberry and cream cheese roll-up
- Orange: carrot (she still likes to eat them whole)
- Yellow: bell peppers
- Green: rainbow sprinkle cupcake in a green muffin cup (I was practicing the cake recipe to use for her party. I put the sprinkles on top of the batter, so I could forgo frosting.)
- Blue: black olives in a blue mini ice cube tray with a skewer to eat with
- Purple: “purple drink” (Crystal Light)
Maggie didn’t like the strawberry and cream cheese roll up as much as I thought she would, but she ate everything else. Once again, she enjoyed helping me select the foods and picking appropriate items for each color in the muffin tin meal.