This week is Maggie’s fourth birthday, so we took a break from our colors themes and I put together a special Birthday muffin tin meal for her lunch. She thought it was pretty special at least! To go along with her birthday sprinkles, we made a muffin tin meal using something from each color of the rainbow. Starting at the bottom right of the muffin tin:
- Red: strawberry and cream cheese roll-up
- Orange: carrot (she still likes to eat them whole)
- Yellow: bell peppers
- Green: rainbow sprinkle cupcake in a green muffin cup (I was practicing the cake recipe to use for her party. I put the sprinkles on top of the batter, so I could forgo frosting.)
- Blue: black olives in a blue mini ice cube tray with a skewer to eat with
- Purple: “purple drink” (Crystal Light)
Maggie didn’t like the strawberry and cream cheese roll up as much as I thought she would, but she ate everything else. Once again, she enjoyed helping me select the foods and picking appropriate items for each color in the muffin tin meal.
Interested in learning more about Muffin Tin Meals? Check out ways to save on Muffin Tin Meal supplies, and this week’s Muffin Tin Monday link-ups at Muffin Tin Mom.
What a great birthday meal! 🙂