Oven Baked “Fried” Chicken
This is a delicious (and healthy) alternative to southern fried chicken. It’s also super-easy to make and perfect for busy nights. I served it with rice and carrots.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs (found in the Asian aisle)
- 2 Tablespoons of flour
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt (I used coarse sea salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- Cooking spray
- 4 chicken thighs with skin
What you need to do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl
- Dip chicken thighs into bread crumb mix
- I laid my chicken on a cookie cooling tray so the chicken would be crunchy on the bottom as well. Spray the cooling tray thoroughly before placing the chicken on top.
- Spray the top of the breaded chicken with cooking spray
- Bake at 375 for 40-50 minutes, until done
- Bon appetit!
Leave a Reply