Families with one of more children in diapers know that baby wipes are a weekly purchase. The wipes containers are really fantastic because they are a hard and heavy plastic. Plus, some of them come in really cute patterns as well. Here are MANY reasons why you should not throw plastic baby wipes containers in the garbage.
Ways to Reuse Baby Wipes Containers: In the Kitchen
- Recipe card storage
- Store your clipped coupons
- Store plastic grocery bags
- Keep small kitchen utensils
- Store small containers and organize lids
- Organize spices, sauce packets, and sprinkles
Ways to Reuse Baby Wipes Containers: For the Kiddos
- Decorate and use as a “Treasure Chest” for rewards
- Cover it in paper, let the kids decorate it, and use it as a “piggy bank.”
- Use as your crayon box
- Store small art supplies or Play-doh tools
- Sticker storage. Kids collect stickers from books, during holidays, at parties. Simply slide them into the top of the container to keep for craft time.
- Lego holder
- Store and carry Matchbox cars
- Keep your card games organized with wipes containers.
Ways to Reuse Baby Wipes Containers: Around the House
- Organize your bills (when the box is empty, you know all the bills are paid)
- Hold all of your loose change.
- Store your cosmetics (lipsticks, nail polish, brushes, etc)
- Store all of your pony tail bands and hair clips
- Store your sewing supplies
- Store ribbons, bows, tape, and small scissors so they are ready for wrapping.
- Organize and store all of your loose photos
- Store baby supplies (washcloths, diaper pins, q-tips, etc)
- Hold all of your small bath toys
- Store your sidewalk chalk. The plastic container is perfect for keeping it in the garage, outside, or in the shed.
- Create your own First Aid Kit (pack one for the car as well)
- Keep sunglasses, sunscreen, goggles, and other items you need for the beach or pool so you can just “grab and go.”
- Store your dryer lint to use as fire starter for backyard fire pits and camp fires.
- Store seeds and small gardening tools and gloves
- Fill with dirt and plant your seed starters
- Take off the top, spray paint it, and use the wipes box as an herb garden (great for window sills and decks).
Ways to Reuse Baby Wipes Containers: Misc.
- Use as a travel kit for your toiletries
- Create toy kits for your kids to keep in the car
- Create a travel snack kit
- Create an emergency car kit (wipes, meds, small snacks, hand santizer, etc)
- Emergency “Puke Bowl.” As unpleasant as it is, it’s worse if you have to clean it out of your car. Keep an empty one handy for motion sickness.
- Use to store dog food while traveling
- Store pet supplies (brushes, toys etc)
Or, you could, you know, save money by buying the refills, and not end up with a bunch of wipe containers.
I use mine to store dryer sheets.