Roasted Chicken Breast with Red Potatoes, Roma Tomatoes and Asparagus
- 2-3 lbs. boneless/skinless chicken breast, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 lbs. red potatoes, cut into 2-inch chunks (about 6-7 potatoes)
- 1 1/2 cups Roma tomatoes, chopped (about 3 tomatoes)
- 1 bunch asparagus, washed, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
Wash the asparagus by rinsing under cool water or by swishing it in a bowl of cool water to remove grit from the heads of it. Dry the spears between two kitchen towels or a couple of paper towels. Then snap off the bottom inch or so using your fingers. The stems will naturally break where the tough woody part ends and the tender stem begins. Cut the spears into one-inch pieces.
Wash the tomatoes and potatoes and cut into chunks.
Peel the garlic cloves and cut into thin slices.
Put the chicken pieces, chopped tomatoes, potatoes chunks, sliced garlic and asparagus pieces in the 9×13 baking dish.
In a small bowl, add the basil, thyme, black pepper and olive oil, mix well.
Pour the mixture over the chicken, vegetables and garlic and mix together well.
More Chicken Recipes.
Be sure to follow our Chicken board on Pinterest.