How cute are these Nutter Butter turkey Cupcakes? They're another fun way to use the Wilton Candy Eyes I love so much (who doesn't love the silly faces they create?!) These guys (and gals) are a fun Thanksgiving Recipe for Kids. The kiddos will love to help you assemble them – AND “Gobble” them up!
Nutter Butter Turkey Cupcake Instructions
- One box cake mix (I chose chocolate)
- Chocolate frosting (you can make your own, or get pre-made frosting)
- White frosting as “glue” or edible adhesive
- Candy corn
- Nutter Butter Cookies (one box)
- m&ms, Reese's Pieces, Dots, Tic-Tacs or other Orange Candy
- Wilton Candy Eyes
- Red licorice
Step #1 – Bake cupcakes according to the instructions on the box.
Step #2 – Allow your cupcakes to cool, then frost with chocolate frosting.
Step #3- Meanwhile, assemble the Nutter Butter turkeys. Use a little white frosting or edible adhesive to attach the Wilton Candy Eyes, orange candy nose, and red licorice wattle to the turkey. Let the frosting set a few minutes before proceeding.
Step #4 – Press about six candy corn candies into the back of the cupcake for the turkey's feathers.
Step #5 – Next, gently press the Nutter Butter cookie into the cupcake as well. Then, you're done! These cupcakes look ADORABLE on a thanksgiving Table. Plus, the kids may enjoy them more than traditional pumpkin pie.
More Thanksgiving recipes for Kids:
- Easy Thanksgiving Turkey Cookies
- Cocoa Krispies Thanksgiving Turkey Drumsticks
- Rice Krispies “Pumpkin PIe” Dessert
You May Also Enjoy:
These Thanksgiving Turkey Cupcakes are another cute variation that don't require the Nutter Butter cookies, but are just as cute!