I can’t believe it took me this long to figure out how delicious fruit parfaits are. I have previous tried them with vanilla yogurt and I wasn’t impressed. I was at a baby shower brunch a couple weeks ago and they served fruit parfaits with plain Greek yogurt and honey. Yum!
During your 21 Day Fix Challenge, you will crave sweet foods. The combination of the slightly sour creamy yogurt and the sweet honey is delicious. Then you add in the sweet and tart berries and you have the perfect treat for your taste buds!
21 Day Fix Approved Fruit Parfaits
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup berries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup granola (no sugar added)
- 1-2 teaspoons of honey drizzle
The how-to part is pretty easy. You can use a narrow container or cup to make an actual layered parfait. I usually Just spoon the yogurt into a cereal bowl and top it with the fruit. Then a sprinkle the yogurt on top and drizzle on the honey.
It’s so filling and satisfying. It doesn’t feel like a sacrifice at all!
- The amount of honey used is based on personal taste as well as how many of your daily teaspoons you want to use.
- Make your own “granola” by toasting some oats and flax seeds on a parchment paper cookie sheet and a little olive oil.
- Buy your fruit at ALDI or Costco. Raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries are my favorite. Raspberries and blueberries can be really expensive when out-of-season. The Costco price is about 1/2-2/3 the price of the regular grocery stores.
*Container count (from my perspective): 1/2 purple, 1 red, 1/2 yellow, 1-2 teaspoons.
Here are more 21 Day Fix approved ideas for your sweet tooth:
- 21 Day Fix: Clean Eating Crock Pot Desserts
- 21 Day Fix Cafe Latte Recipes (Including Desserts)
- 21 Day Fix Approved: Clean Eating Chocolate Desserts
Never miss a deal when you follow our Mommysavers Facebook page.