Mexican Stuffed Bell Peppers
Mexican Stuffed Bell Peppers are a new twist on an old classic rice stuffed green bell peppers. This version uses more spices, healthier ground meat and more veggies which also makes it a clean eating recipe.
- 3 medium-large bell peppers (I used red, orange and yellow)
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1/3 cup purple onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 cup sweet yellow corn, frozen
- 1 1/2 cups fresh salsa (You can find this in your produce department, make sure to try and use a clean variety)
- 6 tbsp. shredded cheddar cheese
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat cook the ground turkey until no longer pink. Add the chopped up pepper tops, frozen corn, diced onion and all the spices. Continue cooking the meat mixture until the meat has browned, don’t overcook.
While the meat mixture is cooking, preheat the oven to 350°.
Take the remaining three bell peppers and cut them in half and clean out the seeds. Stuff each pepper with the meat filling and place the peppers into the baking dish. Sprinkle each pepper with 1 tbsp. of shredded cheddar cheese.