The holiday season is a great time to spend time with your family, whether they live with you or not. Here is a list of fun and frugal activities you can do with your family any day of the week.
Family Activities In Your Home
- Family Christmas movie night
- Play holiday charades
- Read holiday books together.
- Read the Christmas story.
- Decorate your Christmas tree
- Have a picnic under the Christmas tree.
- Decorate gingerbread houses
- Make homemade ornaments using these ideas HERE.
- Make a Christmas music playlist together.
- Have an indoor camp out using Christmas lights. See how HERE.
- Make this Starbuck's Caramel Apple Cider Copycat recipe.
- Have a gathering with a hot chocolate bar with tons of toppings.
- Make a cranberry and popcorn garland to hang on the trees to feed the birds.
- Make a Snowman Craft of Treat together.
- Make some of these 25 Holiday Treats together as a family.
- Have a cookie decorating contest with sugar cookies, frosting, and candy.
- Make homemade gifts for family and friends. Find ideas HERE.
- Work on your New Years resolutions.
Family Activities outside of Your Home
- Drive around and look at Christmas lights.
- Make up a Christmas scavenger hunt.
- Chop down your own Christmas tree.
- Go Christmas caroling
- Take cookies and cards to friends and family.
- Go see a local Christmas play
- Attend a holiday concert (churches and schools do these)
- Go ice skating
Here are some fantastic Random Acts of Kindness that teach kids to give back this holiday season.